GKM WI Circuitous TEU Intermodal Platform News
News About WI Platform
August 2023 – GKM WI Platform Operations Center Manager, Midwest Carriers, broke ground south of Kaukauna for a new multi-purpose warehouse campus and TEU Process Center to help service GKM WI’s Intermodal Platform.
When research began for the WI TEU Platform in 2014, Fred Monique from Advance in Green Bay, provided two documents. The Brown County White Paper and Research, authored by, CFIRE, University of Wisconsin Madison. GKM WI also gathered data and created a series of inter-woven Silos that if successful, could provide short and long-term solutions for TEU Intermodal services to and from Chicago. In 2015, the WI Platform was written and received copyrights from the US Trademark Office. On October 16, 2015, GKM WI conducted the first pilot in Illinois and as of August 2023, the following has occurred with the WI Circuitous Platform.
- There is 100% retention by companies that use the TEU Intermodal Platform. In 2022, GKM WI management analyzed 7 years of data, both linear and non-linear, to integrate the final piece of the Schematic Design’s Circuitous Flow Model. With TEUs for imports successfully managed; attention turned to exports. Key Performance Indicators include but aren’t limited to; elimination of Chassis Split, Pre-Pull, Drop, Overweight, Storage, Limited Access, Additional Drop, and TEU Termination (Demurrage) fees. When Intermode-Direct© is used, containers remain in Chicago for processing; this includes loading and unloading imports and exports. The same process has been used to service TEUs for over 7 years is equipment Midwest Carriers, Kaukauna, WI (COC for WI Platform) will use to service Intermode-Direct©.
- What does this mean? Exporters can leave products on pallets and load Midwest Carrier’s equipment dropped at facilities. Floor loading 20′ or 40′ TEU’s on-site isn’t necessary because operations at WI Platform International TEU Center in Joliet, IL will unload, transload into a TEU, process paperwork and transport sealed containers to designated rail-ports.
- Intermode-Direct© officially launched on September 11, 2023.
- In addition to designated equipment for Intermode-Direct©, the model also requires a service process center in Fox Valley to integrate with the International TEU Process Center in Joliet, IL. In the Spring of 2023, Midwest Carriers, Kaukauna, broke ground on a multi-purpose warehouse campus a few miles south of Kaukauna.
- What does this mean? The GKM WI Circuitous TEU Platform met every metric established in 2014 and introduces the final component that, in truth, provides a sustainable solution for companies in Wisconsin that import and export products.
GKM WI introduces and integrates a dedicated fleet for WI Platform Client, Vollrath, Sheboygan, WI.
After months of constructing a model that would meet execution and operation deliverables and allow Vollrath to eliminate their private fleet; on June 5, 2023, the program went live. GKM WI and Midwest Carriers (Chief Operations Control “COC” management team for the WI Platform) services GKM WI’s International TEU process facility at Touchpoint Warehouse.
Intermodal ramps may not be returning to Wisconsin in the near future, but GKM WI Intermode-Direct could be the solution importers and exporters sought for years. Eliminate transporting containers to and from Distribution Centers for loading or unloading TEUs. Intemode-Direct will utilize 53′ trailers for processing flows to and from Chicago. Platform users eliminate containers from every departing from TEU stations in Chicago.
Chassis Supply in Chicago, IL Evaporates
In May 2022, the Executive Team at GKM WI Global Supply Chain, LLC had several meetings to discuss the chassis supply in Chicago, IL. In February, the first of several conferences were held in Illinois and Wisconsin to review details of a proposed strategic partnership between the GKM WI TEU Circuitous Platform and a potential exclusive-use service provider, that owns chassis.